**Warning: This post is long**
It's 4am and I can't sleep so I'm gonna research my next helmet. Looking this time for either a Scorpion or Shoei. Anyone have either and want to comment your thoughts? Or recommend another brand for me to consider and why I should? I know these ones tend to be shaped a bit differently, some say they are a more comfortable fit. Guess it depends on your head shape/size and would have to be tried for fit anyways of course. The one I get would have to be available in small sizes (my helmet is XS as an example). Some concerns/issues it must not have/wish list:
- Swappable, lockable visors (pretty standard)
- Anti fogging (have an issue with this now)
- Sturdy hinges/screws (some have issues with this)
- A piece under the helmet (chin area) that blocks out cold wind. I don't know what it's called, but I added one to my helmet I have now (didn't come with it but was an option) and it made a huge difference!
- Mouth guard piece thingy (again don't know name of it). Doesn't have to be removable. Mine now is, and I take it out in summer, use it in the fall just because it's too warm in summer.
- Good vent positioning that I can open/close.
- Ideally snell rated or similar, not just dot rated. (I know the arguments on these ratings, I would still prefer more than dot rating but will consider dot so not ruling any out in this post!)
- Also must have removable lining inside, and good amount of padding.
Hmm I think that's all I really require. Picky? I don't think?but it is my riding comfort and head and life I'm protecting and after experiencing a brain injury before, I prefer not to go there again if I can help it.
Thanks in advance for your input/opinions! :)